Historical Replica, Monocular on Tripod. From the age of the Dreadnought man-of-war and the Battlements of the British Imperial Army Headquarters.
A 'must have' piece of equipment: far-reach telescopes were rare and expensive, available only to the captains of the fleet and highly ranked officers of the general staff.
Monocular on Tripod Base Details
- Very detailed replica of an original monocular
- Complicated prismatic lens
- Features 35x magnification
- Made of solid brass and nickle plated brass
- Cradle, neck and crank are all made of brass
- Monocular covered in hand sewn leather to help protect the instrument from daily wear & tear
- Stand is made of stainless steel, mostly covered in leather with exposed brass parts
- Minimum Height 60.50 inches to Maximum Height of 67.00 to 68.00 inches and 37.75" at base
- Weight 32 lbs.