- » Sea Dreams: Nautical Decor Ideas For Your Bedroom
- » Developing Nautical Style: Home Decor Gifts for the Sailor at Heart
- » 3 Ways to Tastefully Incorporate Life Preserver Wall Decor
- » How to Bring the Motion of the Ocean to Your Home With Interesting Nautical Decor Ideas
- » How to Make Your Summer Bashes a Little More Nautical
Posted on Aug 2nd 2017
While you may not always be able to doze off to the sound of crashing waves, you can certainly imagine that tranquility with some nautical decor. By furnishing your bedroom with a variety of nautical items and themes, you will never feel too far from the ocean. Only 20% of Americans reported feeling happy with their home decor in a recent survey, and if you are one of these, perhaps a little salt water imagery is just what you need. Consider these ideas for making your bland bedroom into a nautical haven.
- Consider Color: Navy blue and white are not only reminiscent of beach vacations,they are also elegant choices for a nautical bedroom. Your bedding is a great place to add these colors, by using throw pillows and blankets creatively. Area rugs and plush chairs can also add pops of waterside colors.
- Hang Rustic Details: A nautical clock or anchor are wall details that provide a subtle hint of the sea. Touches of pirate decor can also be lovely touches. The key is to integrate these seamlessly into the rest of the decor, as to not overwhelm the room.
- Repurpose Creatively: Find an old chest and transform it into a table at the foot of your bed, or use an old barrel to store blankets. There are plenty of ways to repurpose nautical equipment as home decor, you just have to think outside of the box.
- Use Texture: For nautical items and accompanying decor, it's all about texture. This look often demands a more rustic look than other aesthetics, but that doesn't always have to be true, so don't be afraid to mix worn out items with more modern pieces to give the room more depth.
- Display Nautical Prints: To tie the look together, hang nautical prints around the room.These can be as bold or as subtle as you like, and it is great when they vary in size. Anything from photographs to abstract paintings are available to complete your room's look.
Remember that nautical decorations are not exclusive to one aesthetic. You can integrate this style into any room while staying true to your personal taste. And of course, you can always change your decor around when you feel like switching it up. We know that your taste can change like the tide.
Did you know that an estimated 65% of women and 58% of men would rather shop for things like nautical home decorations than shoes? It might sound hard to believe, but the numbers don't lie. And it's likely those people who love shopping for nautical home decor also love it in their homes. Is there a [...]
Unfortunately, beach decor isn't always incorporated in the most tasteful way. Pirate decorations might be suitable for a themed children's room, but for other areas in your house? Not so much. But we're here to help you learn exactly how to incorporate simple beach decor in a tasteful way. Today's lesson? Life preserver wall decor. Stick [...]
A good update to your home decor doesn't just change the look and feel of your home, it changes the way you feel, too! But surprisingly, a full 47% of Americans haven't updated their home decor within the past five years!Home decor trends are always changing and evolving, but one theme that has really shined [...]
Summer is all about fun in the sun, and there's no better place to celebrate than at the beach on a warm day. The bad news? Your patio or deck isn't exactly the beach. The good news? Creating a nautical atmosphere for a summer filled with beachy parties with friends is much easier than you might [...]
In a recent survey, as many Americans reported feeling joy from their home décor (20%) as reported their interior designed made them feel gloomy or stressed (14%). That means that the vast majority of those who responded to the survey have no strong feeling about their own interior design. While there are a number of possible [...]
Did you know that only around 20% of Americans feel happy about their home decor? If you're one of those people, it might be time to give your home a much-needed facelift. Here are a few simple things you can do to make your home a happier, healthier place for you and your family. Welcome [...]
Did you know that only 20% of Americans actually feel happy about their home decor? Fortunately, summer is just around the corner and chock full of new opportunities to freshen up your home's appearance. If you're ready to start the new season with a new outlook on your home's decor, here are a few easy [...]
The ocean is a beautiful, calming presence that many people adore. That being said, it can be a real drag if you love the ocean but can't live on the beach year-round. But considering the home decor market pulls in around $65.2 billion annually, there are definitely some ways you can fix that right in [...]